Mono-split air conditioners
Type of fixed air conditioners that separate the refrigerating cycle into 2 units.
The outdoor unit houses the compressor, the condenser coil and the expansion valve, and is designed to transfer heat outside through a centrifugal fan.
The indoor unit houses the evaporator coil and thanks to a tangential fan it blows cool air into the room.
Thanks to a special valve, the refrigerating cycle can be inverted to switch on the heat pump mode. The outdoor motor serves as an evaporator to remove cold; the indoor unit performs condensation, and blows hot air into the room.
The advantages of mono-split air conditioners are:
• Flexible installation
• Reduced noise level in room
• Minimum indoor space requirement
• Outdoor motor visible on outside of building
• Complex installation of outdoor unit
• Mono-split systems can air condition only 1 room